We use Carrier-Grade NAT (CGNAT) to efficiently assign our IPv4 address range to our residential customers due to the shortage of IPv4 addresses. Some applications may be affected by this (e.g. online gaming, P2P applications, and VPNs), so you may wish to set up port forwarding.
- Open the eero/YouFibre app
- Tap on the Settings tab
- Tap on Advanced
- Tap on Reservations & Port Forwarding
- From here, you can add a reservation under IPv4 Reservations & Port Forwards or a firewall rule under IPv6 Firewall Rules
- You can assign permissions to a previously connected device, or manually add a new device
- You can now edit the permissions with a specific IP address (IPv4 only), MAC address and open a specific internal/external port. You can also select a protocol for both TCP & UDP or either TCP or UDP
- Tap the back button on the top left to save your selected settings
Further information can be found on the eero website here.